Monday 25 February 2019

WEEK 30: BVE 2019 - Excel London




This week I attended the UK's largest broadcast, production and media tech event BVE 2019 which held in Excel London from 26th - 28th February 2019. The 3-day event attracts more than 12,000 visitors annually. I was there for one day (26th Feb), where I participated in some seminars and visited various exhibition stands to learn about the latest technological advancements in the broadcast and production industries.

A significant seminar that I attended was on Understanding IP for production teams by Tony Orme, Technology Editor, The Broadcast Bridge. The session discussed the benefits of IP, explaining the fundamental differences between IP and SDI.

I also spoke to a few broadcast equipment vendors about my final year project; they all showed a keen interest in my chosen area of focus. Donald Sievewright, the EMEA sales director of Matrox, said to me "If you can find your way into ST2110 production, that’ll be a fascinating place to be for the next few years – the standard is far from finished and there’s a lot of evolution to go".

Many of these vendors also gave insightful tips and suggestions on issues and areas to consider as I prepare my report, and some offered the possibility of providing me high-end loan equipment to aid in the testing, analysis and the presentation of my proof of concept.

It was a fulfilling and productive outing.

Post a Comment

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search